Saturday, July 08, 2006

San Francisco



Ahh...one of the most beautiful places in the U.S., or at least it must be because I haven't seen all of them.

I took my first trip to California a couple of weeks ago. I've heard all my life how pretty the city of San Francisco is and how cool it gets in the summer. Well, I'm hear to tell you that Mark Twain's quote of "the coldest winter I ever had was a summer in San Francisco" is definitely true. Compared to the heat and humidity of the deep South I felt like I was going to freeze to death as I waited on a cable car to take me back across the city. I had on 2 shirts and a jacket, and I'm guessing with the wind chill it must have been close to 45 degrees or lower! In June!

I took lots and lots of pics. Many of them are over on flickr where you can view them. Before I left the city by the bay, I just had to get a picture of the world famous Golden Gate Bridge. We took a Fire Engine Tour that drove us over the bridge, as our hosts gave us some interesting facts about the city, the Bridge, and the city of Sausalito. It was money well spent, and you can read more about the tour here. If you're ever visiting San Francisco, I highly recommend it!

No comments: